It's that time of year again, the holiday shopping season is upon us! During the holiday season where larger orders, higher steady amount of orders per day and tracking numbers are very important to customer, are you ready to handle the shipping season. With the increase in orders your current strategy might need to be reevaluated to ensure high customer satisfaction. This is where you want to shine and woo one time customers into becoming life long returning purchasers. Making sure your customers get the products they ordered in a timely manner and the correct items, is the easiest way to win over a customer forever. Once a customer spends their hard earned money on your product they will be stalking their email inbox for the tracking number and estimated delivery dates. Thats why making sure you correctly pick, pack and ship a product in the most efficient manner is a huge turn on for customers. At Ships-a-Lot we specialize in ecommerce order fulfillment that not only makes you happy but ultimately makes your customers happy. We guarantee that once an order is placed on your website it will be shipped out within 24 hours (although our average speed is within 12 hours, we're fast!), with 99.9999% accuracy. If you are in need of an order fulfillment partner for the holiday season, we would love to chat with you and foster a relationship that lasts not only through the holidays but all year long.
Here are some stats to keep in mind while marketing for the holiday season.
- November and December drive 30% more ecommerce revenue than non-holiday months.
- An estimated, 92% of holiday shoppers will go online to either research or purchase gifts this season.
- The days from Black Friday through Christmas pull in 50-100% more revenue compared to shopping days throughout the rest of the year.
- According to a recent study, 41% of online shoppers purchased from a new retailer.
- 93% of shoppers take action for free shipping.
- Free shipping was deemed the 2nd most important factor for shoppers when purchasing online.
- 64% of retail shoppers think delivery speed is important when purchasing online.
- 50% of shoppers will choose a slower transit time for free shipping.
- The average online shopper spends $380 on Black Friday.
- On Black Friday, mobile sales accounted for 27.9% of total online sales.
For more stats check out http://blog.marketingadept.com/the-ultimate-list-of-e-commerce-marketing-stats-for-holiday-2016/